

Here's Lola's room. I wrapped her in warm blankets to get her veins ready for the endless needles. She didn't like being swaddled with the blanket, so she managed to get one arm out to play with the remote. She really liked this remote. Especially because the sound from the T.V. came from it, instead of the T.V. itself. I just had to watch out for the red button that she decided she was determined to find out what it did. Well, she found out, it called the nurse. Only one time :) I had to keep a close eye on those fingers after that.
Her poor little limbs. They tried both her hands, elbows, and tops of her feet to get a good vein. She has such thin veins like her mom. No one ever listens to me when I say where to get it. I've been poked by needles enough to know where my best one is. But nurses always seem to try everything else first. And it looks like that might be the way it will be with Lola. They ended up putting the IV on her right foot. She came home so bruised! Joey just about passed out when he saw all her "owies". Little guy didn't understand why she had huge lumps and bruises and red dots all over.
Luckily Daddy came to Mommies aid. He came baring gifts of FOOD! I guess with Lola needing to fast, I never really ate that day myself.
I'm not going to post any pictures of her once they put her asleep. I just don't like them. She looked just too peaceful.
Here she is waking up after her MRI. Mommy made sure she was the first thing Lola saw. Then she spotted Daddy. And didn't let him out of her sight.
Still a little bit groggy, Mom picked her up, and held her close. Then we got her dressed again in some familiar PJ's, and we were able to finish some paperwork, and head home shortly after.
We got her results back from the MRI. And that was great, except for some significant congestion. The next day Dr. Borus, her Pediatrician, prescribed some antibiotics. Just in case, since she showed no outward signs of a sinus infection. No runny nose, no boogers oozing out, no coughing or even fever. But the MRI sure showed some definite congestion, and they don't lie. Her Metabolic tests were normal. I have been called twice and even sent 2 letters stating that her Genetic tests aren't back yet. They can take quite sometime. They are doing a "broad spectrum testing". Which will cover it all. I'll post when we do get those results. Rest assured.




